Jump to navigation
Database Search Result
- Sabin Americana, 1500-1926 via Gale Cengage Learning (Full Text)
- Based on Joseph Sabin's landmark bibliography, this collection contains works about the Americas published throughout the world from 1500 to the early 1900's. Included are books, pamphlets, serials and other documents that provide original accounts of exploration, trade, colonialism, slavery and abolition, the western movement, Native Americans, military actions and much more. With over 6 million pages from 29,000 works, this collection is a cornerstone in the study of the western hemisphere.
- SAGE Journals Online (Full Text)
- SAGE provides access to over 600 journals in the social sciences, humanities, medicine, engineering, and physical and life sciences.
- SAGE Open via Sage (Full Text)
- SAGE Open is an open access publication from SAGE. It publishes peer-reviewed, original research and review articles in an interactive, open access format. Articles may span the full spectrum of the social and behavioral sciences and the humanities.
- Salem History via Salem Press (Full Text)
- Online searchable electronic version of the Decades Series.
- Sanborn Maps North Carolina
- Sanborn Maps for the state of North Carolina provides digital access to 11,173 large-scale maps of 158 North Carolina towns and cities. Users have the ability to easily manipulate the maps, magnify and zoom in on specific sections, and compare maps from different years.
- Sanford Guide (Full Text)
- Sanford Guide is a leading evidence-based clinical reference guide for diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
- Science in Context via Gale (Full Text)
- Reference content plus magazines, journals, news sources, experiments, and more. Covering earth science, life science, space, technology, mathematics, science history, and biography.
- ScienceDirect College Edition via Elsevier Science (Full Text)
- ScienceDirect is a full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from more than 2,500 peer-reviewed journals and more than 11,000 books.
- SciFinder via Chemical Abstracts Service
- First time users will need to create a login. Logins can only be created from on campus.
SciFinder is a comprehensive tool for chemistry and chemistry-related research. This database includes extensive content: chemical structures and properties; reactions and syntheses; and a massive listing of scholarly journal and patent citations.
- Scopus via Elsevier SciVerse
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, featuring tools to track, analyze and visualize research. For peer-reviewed research published since 1995, Scopus delivers the most comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
- Simmons LOCAL by Experian via SimplyMap
- Over 60,000 data variables about the American Consumer; 8,000 brands across 460+ categories; over 600 psychographics; over 38 psychographic scales; geo-behavioral statistical models for local market analysis and mapping; measurement of media and content engagement; measures 209 DMA’s down to zip code level; emphasis on primary data collection and not ascription.
- SimplyMap enables users to create thematic maps and reports using demographic, business, and marketing data. Nation-wide data includes: population; age; race; income; ancestry; marital status; housing; employment; transportation; families; census data (including 1980, 1990, 2000, plus current year estimates and 5 year projections); consumer expenditure; consumer price index; quality of life & consumer profiles; business & employee counts by industry; EASI Market Segments & Life Stages; Mediamark Research's (MRI) Survey of the American Consumer; EASI, using MRI survey data, produces local estimates of usage and consumption (propensity) for thousands of specific and detailed products and services.
- SIRS Government Reporter via ProQuest (Full Text)
- Full-text current and historic government documents; landmark and recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions; information about federal departments, agencies, elected leaders and more.
- SIRS Issues Researcher via ProQuest (Full Text)
- Research the pros and cons of current issues and enduring social issues through full-text articles, multimedia, primary sources, government documents and reference materials.
- SIRS Knowledge Source via ProQuest (Full Text)
- This resource contains articles, primary sources, websites and graphics to support K-12 students with research, study and homework. SIRS Knowledge Source includes a number of databases from ProQuest, including ProQuest SIRS Issues Researcher, ProQuest SIRS Government Reporter, ProQuest SIRS Renaissance, and ProQuest SIRS WebSelect.
- SIRS Renaissance via ProQuest (Full Text)
- Full-text articles on arts & humanities subjects in the areas of Architecture & Design, Culture, Literature, Multimedia, Music, Performing Arts, Philosophy & Religion and Visual Arts.
- SIRS WebSelect via ProQuest
- An online database of Internet resources providing access to quality Web sites on almost any subject. Sites have been evaluated for credibility and relevance to researchers' needs.
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text via EBSCOhost
- SPORTDiscus is a comprehensive index covering sport, physical fitness, exercise, sports medicine, physical education, kinesiology, coaching, training, sport administration, sport law & legislation, facility design & management, physical therapy, nutrition, exercise physiology, recreation, and a variety of related disciplines. Full Text is available for over 530 journals.
- Sports Market Place Directory
- The Sports Market Place Directory provides organizational contacts and descriptions for key organizations in the sports industry.
Limited number of concurrent users.
- SpringerLink (Full Text)
- SpringerLink is Springer's online full-text archive for journals and books. SpringerLink currently offers over 2,600 fully peer-reviewed journals and a growing roster of book series, comprising more than 46,700 books online.
- Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology via Cambridge University Press (Full Text)
- Stahl Online provides complete access to Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology, a key reference work for understanding the effects of drugs on psychology. It also includes a number of companion resources including the Prescriber's Guide, Stahl's Illustrated Substance Abuse, and others.
- State Center for Health Statistics
- Health-related research and reports and a collection of health statistics.
- State Data Center
- The site includes population, economic, and income data as well as county profiles and rankings.
- State Demographics
- Provides state, county, and municipal population estimates and projections by year, age, race, and sex.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States via ProQuest
- The online edition of the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic conditions of the United States.
- Stratfor Global Intelligence (Full Text)
- Stratfor is a leading geopolitical analysis and intelligence firm. The library provides access to Stratfor’s reports and predictions on topics such as international security, global politics, energy, and economics.
- Sunday Times Digital Archive via Gale (Full Text)
- The Sunday Times, published since 1822, is a rich complement to the Times (London) Digital Archive. See also Times Digital Archive.
- Coverage: 1822 - 2006
- Sylvius 4 Online via Sinauer
- Sylvius 4 is an interactive atlas and visual glossary of human neuroanatomy, featuring annotated surface views of the human brain and interactive tools for dissecting the central nervous system, viewing annotated cross-sections of preserved specimens and living subjects imaged by magnetic resonance.
- Limited number of concurrent access. Try again later if access is denied.